KAREN MONID | SOUND ARTIST
OUTDOOR PUBLIC EVENTS | ARTS FESTIVALS | EXHIBITIONS THEATRE
Karen is a sound artist & projection content producer, creating & programming on some of the most striking & memorable creative art works and event projects in the world.
Her practice is often working on large scale installations, pushing the boundaries of the son et lumière genre of architectural projection & sound works. She embraces opportunities to work collaboratively & has a longstanding creative partnership with Ross Ashton of The Projection Studio.
Her installations draw positive public engagement with new art & national media attention. She has given talks & lectures on her work & practice to a wide range of audiences, including at University of Cambridge & University of Oxford. Her work has also featured on BBC Radio 3 & 4. She has also appeared on several TV programmes.
RECENT WORKS INCLUDES:
- ‘Northern Lights’ at York Minster;
- ‘Out Of The Aire’ at Light Night Leeds;
- Projection design for The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
PAST WORK INCLUDES:
Installations at Berlin Festival of Light, Napa Lighted Festival (U.S.), Cambridge e-Luminate Festival, SO Festival, Illuminating York, the London 2012 Olympics & Paralympics son et lumière on the Houses of Parliament.
- ‘A Certain Amount Of Courage’ – a large scale installation for the Centenary Cities project celebrating 100 years since women were first granted the parliamentary vote in the UK.
- A new work for the TORCH Festival, Oxford, UK.
A FEW EXAMPLES OF MY WORK